Thinking about majoring in engineering?
The engineering discipline is positioned at the spot where highly complex and technology meet. It is a combination of critical planning and real problem-solving that practically no other sector really seems to have.
If you want to get going in a vocation which allows you to develop your future, you really should choose a respectable Minnesota school that is ready to give you the vital basic training you might need to get there.
The modern engineer is a multiple discipline position that involves the beneficial application of science to trade or manufacturing.
Leading segments in this industry include:
• Electrical – The research and implementation of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism.
• Environmental – The effective use of scientific and engineering concepts to fix the environment, especially air, land and water resources.
• Structural – The investigation and concept of structures that withstand and support significant loads.
• Biomedical – The protocols and techniques of scientific engineering in relation with biology research and heath care treatment.
• Mechanical – The concept, development and operation of machinery.
• Chemical – The concept, construction, and performance of facilities and automated tools for producing such products as compounds, acids, medications and plastics.
• Civil – The planning, creating, construction, and servicing of buildings and changing land to better match society needs.
Instruction and Engineer Program Options
One can find close to 1,800 courses at colleges that offer bachelor’s diplomas in engineering which are credentialed by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. There are also an extra 700-plus accredited degree courses in engineering technology.
Those students who anticipate working for the general public one day might be considering acquiring an engineering licensure from an ABET-accredited training program, four years of related job experience, and successful completion of the local state test.
This is not the simplest college major to get admitted into. And the coursework is not easy, either, but Twin Cities graduates typically encounter a good job hunt environment along with lively work and long, consistent careers.
You may quickly discover more details on the different majors offered, actual degree courses, various courses, total expenses and the prospects of online classes.
Choices to consider:
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction - Teacher Leader
- And more...
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Masters in Political Management
- MBA in Healthcare
At Universal Technical Institute (UTI), you won't just train for a career. You'll train for success. The hands-on training and high-tech skills you'll get at UTI can put you on the fast track toward a rewarding career as a professional technician. Across the nation, you'll find UTI-trained technicians working in great jobs with leading manufacturers, dealerships and repair shops.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- And more...
Simmons University’s online Master of Social Work program can be completed in as few as 15 months, and GRE scores are not required.
- Master of Social Work
The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s Best Business Schools. Students who complete their master’s degree online become part of a network of over 60,000 Smith School alumni, including more than 8,500 MBA graduates, making them part of a powerful network of business connections.
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - General
- MBA - Marketing
- And more...
Now you don't have to leave home to earn a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree from Northern Illinois University!
- Master of Science in Data Analytics
- Online BSN to Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Public Health - Health Services Management
- And more...
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- And more...
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
As a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health services that are designed for the future of the field. Through cutting-edge coursework, industry-active faculty members, and an array of majors and graduate programs, Regis has been able to positively impact the educational community, health services landscape, and personal lives of students nationwide.
- Online Master of Social Work
- Online Master of Public Health - Epidemiology Concentration
- Online Master of Public Health
- And more...
Maybe this isn’t the right career field for you. Formal training in Minneapolis and St Paul.