Considering becoming an engineering major?
The engineering vocation is positioned exactly where highly complicated and technology meet. It is a mix of focused preparation and real problem-solving which practically no other sector quite delivers.
If you want to get started in a profession that empowers you to build your future, you ought to pick a reputable Mississippi school that is able to supply you the essential base instruction you might need so you can get there.
Engineer Career Profile
Today’s engineer is a multi discipline position that works with the realistic application of technology and science to commerce or manufacturing.
Primary disciplines in this broad career field include:
• Electrical – The research and use of electronics, electricity and electromagnetism.
• Biomedical – The protocols and techniques of engineering in connection to biomedical investigation and health care.
• Structural – The mathematical examination and construction of buildings or other structures that needs to resist or support loads.
• Chemical – The designing, building, and performance of plants and machinery for creating such items as chemical substances, dyes, pills and synthetics.
• Environmental – The use of science and technological principles to better the environment, particularly water, air and land resources.
• Mechanical – The design, fabrication and performance of machinery.
• Civil – The organizing, designing, fabrication, and maintenance of structures and changing landscapes to best accommodate society desires.
Training and Engineering Degree Options
There’s at least 1,800 training programs at colleges and universities that offer bachelor’s degrees in engineering which are approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Plus there are an additional 700 accredited degree courses in engineering technology.
Students who plan on serving the public in the future might be focused on acquiring an engineering licensure through an ABET-accredited course, completing four years of related job experience, and completion of a state exam.
This is not the simplest university program to get approved into or to complete, but Mississippi graduates regularly face a good job hunt situation with lively daily work and long, dependable careers.
You can quickly hear much more about the different majors offered, exact degree subjects, individual classes, education costs and the options of online education.
Schools you might consider:
- Payroll Clerk
- Private Investigation
- High School
- And more...
Simmons University’s online Master of Social Work program can be completed in as few as 15 months, and GRE scores are not required.
- Master of Social Work
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Human Services
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction - Teacher Leader
- And more...
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Masters in Political Management
- MBA in Healthcare
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Trauma and Resilience in Educational Settings
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- And more...
The Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is located in the heart of Washington, D.C., and is dedicated to advancing the health of communities on a local, national and global scale. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute School focuses on the fields of medicine, business and education to prepare professionals in health care and health services to tackle complex global health challenges.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics and Analytics
Work toward your graduate degree with New England College Online. We offer master's degree programs in management, accounting, and public policy that can be completed 100% online.
- MS in Management/Project Management
- Master of Science in Accounting
- MS in Management/Non-Profit Leadership
- And more...
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s Best Business Schools. Students who complete their master’s degree online become part of a network of over 60,000 Smith School alumni, including more than 8,500 MBA graduates, making them part of a powerful network of business connections.
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - General
- MBA - Marketing
- And more...
Maybe your career lies elsewhere. Look at other career training in MS.